AMC 8 Results Announced
28 California Schools are ranked among the best in the world.
The Mathematical Association of America released 2006 AMC 8 competition results. 2,235 schools and 147,210 students participated in the competition. The average score is 10.14 out of 25. California performed better with a state average of 10.76.
The results of 2006 AMC 8 contests were released in December. There were 2,235 schools and 147,210 students who participated in the competition. The national average score is 10.14 out of 25. The California average score is 10.76 with 13,065 participants. Seven Southern California students received perfect scores:
- Andrew Liao, Solana Beach
- Hyunhwa Kim, Los Angeles
- David Tang Quan, Los Angeles
- Stephen Chen, La Jolla
- Jung Hun Koh, South Pasadena
- Daniel Pyon, South Pasadena
- Ivan Pyzow, South Pasadena
- Alexander Pusey, San Juan Capistrano
The following schools received 2006 AMC 8 School Honor Roll with a team score of 67 or higher:
The following schools from Southern California made the National Honor Rolls:
- Carmel Valley Middle School, San Diego
- Chadwick School, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Earl Warren Middle School, Solana Beach
- Harvard Westlake School, Los Angeles
- Muirlands Middle School, La Jolla
- Palos Verdes Intermediate, Palos Verdes Peninsula
- South Pasadena Middle School, South Pasadena
- St. Margaret's Episcopal School, San Juan Capistrano
A partial list of Orange County students who received national honors is listed here: Orange County AMC 8 National Honors students.